Fall To-Do List
1. Make more backyard fires. Toast my feet. Turn my back toward the cold of night.
2. Skate all the razor scooter parks while the children are locked up in school.
3. Master making my own bread. For the warmth from the oven. For the feel of kneading dough. For the art and the chemistry. For the way it makes the house smell.
4. Lay around in bed ’til late.
5. Throw a party—celebrate another year of me. Hope someone brings cupcakes (someone usually does).
6. Take longer dog walks. Watch the changing light.